Sunday, June 9, 2013

Entry #2: Media Quest.

I found a really interesting video a few days ago! It was about a man who made a saw that will stop rotating if human flesh comes in contact with it. People have accidents when working with dangerous machines all the time! Especially with fast machines like saws! Many people have gotten body parts chopped off in seconds and regretted it. I think this man has created something that many people will appreciate in the future. I think I trust this guy so much because he demonstrated with his own finger! I probably would not do that... only because I like having my fingers attached to my hands. I hope this machine goes on to helping many who work with wood in the future.
And OF COURSE, I have to talk about computers whilst writing on technology. My computer/laptop is always on. I use it all the time. So for me, I think the mini tablets and phones are awesome! I think that portable computers are just the perfect invention for everyone using the computer.


4 comments:

  1. Wow I just watched that video! I was scared for the guy who placed his finger for demonstration. It is a very good invention! I hope this invention will be widely spread so none of us will get our fingers cut off! I'm glad you shared that! I wouldn't use my fingers to demonstrate either because I'm too scared. (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have goosebumps. I could never be brave enough to attempt to try. If this technology gets around I could only imagine how many limbs it may save. Along with the table saw it would be awesome to see if expand into chain saws too for the loggers. When I think technology my head usually goes to the typical phone or internet, but of course that's a technology too. great example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the type of technology I love to see. It's not focused on convenience, but rather on how to stop unfortunate accidents from occurring. Hopefully this knowledge will be used on other dangerous machinery to prevent horrible accidents in many more fields.
    Like the previous poster I think it is awesome that you thought of something other than the "normal" idea of what technology is.

    ReplyDelete